Over the last few days I have indulged in some of the things that make me happy. Art, food, Maine and friends! Here is what I’ve been up to…
1. Earlier this week I was browsing Etsy and on a whim searched for “paint by numbers”. I’ve had a love of paint by numbers for some time, so when I found this lovely set of lighthouse paintings from Johnny Vintage I splurged and bought it. I am thrilled every time I walk through my dinning room! Picture via Johnny Vintage
2. Is there anything better than a warm, homemade ginger snap cookie? I know it’s hard to envision, but yes there is! I just baked off a batch of my grandmother’s classic ginger snaps and got just a little creative with some ice cream. A scoop of French vanilla ice cream between two cookies makes for a share-worthy sandwich. My boyfriend and I polished off our ginger snap ice cream sandwich in record time with an accompanying glass of milk. What a marvelous way to enjoy warm homemade cookies!
3. Enjoying the seasonal foliage in the rain.
4. One night after work when all the shops and boutiques in Portland, ME were closed and sleeping, I popped into the city for a stroll and some window-shopping. I especially love the old cobblestone streets around the city, and here on Wharf Street.
5. That same night I grabbed a bite to eat with some friends at Portland Lobster Co. Despite the cold, rainy October evening we thoroughly enjoyed our heated tent on the wharf overlooking the waterfront.